[Actionchix] HTML helping hands

Darlene Wallach wallachd at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 16 01:41:47 EST 2006

Mary wrote:
> One thing that the current site suffers from a bit at the moment is HTML
> grot. For example, we have a lot of <font> tags to set colours. We have
> a lot of <ul> tags (without list items) used to indent things.
>
> After the CMS port finishes, we are likely to need people to clean this
> up. You will just need some knowledge of good HTML practices or some
> willingness to do some reading/work beforehand to learn.
>
> Ideally, the site will validate as HTML 4.01 at the end of this process.
> (XHTML if you like, but the need to close all tags makes this a little
> harder to maintain.)
>
> -Mary

I know some html - I use xemacs as my editor of choice. I'm willing
to do some reading regarding "good HTML practices" if they are
available online or will these books be enough:

HTML - The Definitive Guide  - 3rd Edition
by Chuck Musciano & Bill Kennedy
Published by O'Reilly - August 1998

Dynamic HTML - The Definitive Reference - 1st Edition
by Danny Goodman
Published by O'Reilly - July 1998

Darlene
--