[Actionchix] HTML helping hands

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Mar 15 21:53:49 EST 2006

One thing that the current site suffers from a bit at the moment is HTML
grot. For example, we have a lot of <font> tags to set colours. We have
a lot of <ul> tags (without list items) used to indent things.

After the CMS port finishes, we are likely to need people to clean this
up. You will just need some knowledge of good HTML practices or some
willingness to do some reading/work beforehand to learn.

Ideally, the site will validate as HTML 4.01 at the end of this process.
(XHTML if you like, but the need to close all tags makes this a little
harder to maintain.)

-Mary