[Actionchix] Need volunteers to help redesign and move linuxchix.org

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Sun Mar 12 14:51:17 EST 2006

Thanks for doing all this organizing, Mary. :)

On 12/03/2006, at 1:00 PM, Mary wrote:

> We are seeking interested people to help with this move. While we'd
> appreciate comment from interested people, we'd *particularly*
> appreciate people who are able to do part of the work, that is, people
> who can or are willing to learn how to:
>
>  - do attractive web design
>  - do standards compliant web design
>  - do accessible (for people without normal sight in particular) web
>    design

I can help with these three, but don't have the visual skills to come
up with an overall design.

>  - set up a website so that it can be easily translated into other
>    languages

Can advise on this, and maybe do some of it. That depends on the
issues that come up. My CSS/HTML skills are more basic and thorough
than impressive. ;)

>  - translate websites

I will certainly translate it into Vietnamese. :)  I may be able to
decoy, um, encourage some more translators to do other languages. One
or two have popped up on the new Ubuntu-Women list, and we have a
couple of translators in Gnome-Women. I am willing to mentor new
translators (I'm already doing this, especially for new female
translators). <thinks> We probably have eight or nine possible
translators from the various women-in-computing groups. Where we
can't get female translators, I'm sure some of the men on the i18n
lists would be happy to help. There are some great people there. :)
I'd be happy to liaise with the different i18n groups, and with G-W
and U-W.

>  - take content that doesn't have all of these features and re-jig it

I could help with detail or repetitive work

>  - set up a CMS so that it can be used by multiple people (perhaps
> even
>    multiple domains) easily
>  - programmatically move content into a new CMS

Unfortunately, I don't have these skills.

I hope this is useful. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)