[Actionchix] State of the new website

chris lists at semioticpixels.com
Mon Jun 26 16:56:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 11:11 -0700, Val Henson wrote:

> > technically, the site is already in plone, it just needs stylesheets,
> > content types and a bunch of extra templates to maintain it's
> > inconsistencies.
>
> What does this mean?  It sounds like you are answering the question as
> asked, instead of telling us what you think we should do.  What do you
> think is the best next step here?

Sorry about that. I think that creating plone content types is the best
next step. It's a little more work up front, but will be more
maintainable in the long run.

However, it makes more sense to me to base those content types on the
new site, not the old one. So, an evaluation of what information should
be presented and then coming up with consistent labels should happen.

For example see the Meet the Chix tab on
http://mosshead.com/projects/linuxchix/lc-content-types.xls there are
number of different fields for similar information that could be
clarified and made consistent. Keep in mind when looking at this
spreadsheet that it's an incomplete work-in-progress...

hth
chris