[Actionchix] State of the new website

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Sun Jun 25 03:34:53 UTC 2006

Gloria Willadsen writes:
> Re: Design, I think if there are no strong preferences, doing it and
> then tweaking it based on commets is your best bet. People tend to be
> more responsive if they have something tangible to critique.

I agree. I didn't comment on the design that was submitted, because
I can't really tell any of the things I care about from a PDF. I
don't care that much what the colors are or where the logo goes,
as long as it's not unreadable (no yellow text on a pink
background). What I care about are things like: does it try to
force me to use a font size or face that makes it hard to read,
does it give adequate space to content as opposed to chrome,
does it insist on a window wider than I like to use, is navigation
easy and simple or does it use spinning stuff that distracts me
and pulldown menus that get in the way? A PDF doesn't show me
any of that, but a live html page would.

--
	...Akkana
    Check out my book, "Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional".