[Volunteers] Re: [Actionchix] yet another css design for linuxchix

chris lists at semioticpixels.com
Mon Jul 10 05:16:56 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 19:42 -0700, Akkana Peck wrote:
> I don't like the newer iteration quite as much: the padding on the left
> and right forces the left sidebar area to be rather narrow, and it
> also looks odd to me to have a left menu sidebar that's so far
> from the left edge.
column widths are all % so should be the same either way. The sidebar is
set at 20%, so maybe 25% is better.

> More important, the sidebar width isn't big enough
> for the text (at my default size, anyway) so lots of the entries
> spill a little off the right side of the colored sidebar area into
> the area that's colored for main text.
yes, there's too much of a margin on the nested lists in sidebar. at my
default resolution, I don't get an overlap until I reach ctrl+++

> I don't see any text actually
> overlapping; but if I increase font size a couple of times (ctrl-+
> twice in firefox) then I do see overlapping text. (I didn't
> try increasing font size with the earlier design.)
I just changed top title bar so it would go across the width of the
browser on larger browsers instead of being contained like the rest of
the content.

Thanks for testing it out!
chris