Editing the archives (Re: [Actionchix] This list is publicly accessible?)

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Aug 23 06:47:34 UTC 2006

Just for the information of the lists, we're following up about getting
the phone numbers removed from the archives through the moderators.

For people's general information (not directed at Gloria specifically,
but at the generally curious): we can and do edit the archives on
request, usually to remove personal information that people no longer
want available. You can request an edit by emailing the moderators of
any list at LISTNAME-owner at linuxchix.org (in this case,
actionchix-owner at linuxchix.org). However, bear in mind that editing the
archives is not trivial for us -- it's a few hours work -- and also of
course that it doesn't change the original copies people received --
there's nothing we can do about them.

Also for people's general information: several of our lists are publicly
archived and indexed by Google. This is one, and I think that
programming and techtalk are the others. Please don't assume that all
linuxchix.org lists have private archives.

-Mary