[Actionchix] LinuxChix as a legal entity

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Fri Apr 7 02:01:24 EST 2006

Mary Gardiner wrote:

>If anyone is willing to coordinate the effort of investigating and
>proposing a model, and anyone is willing to implement that model, then
>this would probably be a good thing for us. People would need to
>chat extensively to Jenn Vesperman, the current coordinator, during this
>process. Until someone does this though, we need to treat LinuxChix as
>an informal association of individuals. It works quite well, even if it
>is a pain for things like copyright law.

I would be happy to do this. I volunteered to contact organizations for
advice and to ask about the possibility of fiscal sponsorship this
earlier (see the volunteers discussion on legal status), but I didn't go
forward because there was no blessing from anyone to do so. If this
effort is okay, I'm happy to talk to Jenn about it and even to talk to
organizations about funding associated costs (e.g. legal fees).  I work
with a few non-profits (in the U.S.).

Jen