Logo licenses (was Re: [Actionchix] Final versions of robotux are here!)

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Thu Apr 6 16:40:55 EST 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006, Dancer Vesperman wrote:
> That's not hard to do even while retaining copyright. Assign copyright
> to any legal entity that can hold it, and let people ask. Permission is
> easily granted.

There's no question about retaining copyright here: while some people
have voluntarily surrendered their logos into the public domain I don't
intend to require it. Licencing perhaps, although most people seem to
think that an Open or Free licence is not restrictive enough to protect
our name and image.

So, which legal entities can hold it? Kenneth asserts that "LinuxChix"
cannot. I'd prefer it not be a single person, as individual people burn out,
disappear, get busy, get bored, or have something unfortunate happen to
them and vanish from projects on a regular basis.

-Mary