[Actionchix] Idea for an actionchix project

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Mon Sep 5 12:13:54 EST 2005

Mary wrote:

>We canvassed various options on this list about projects to collaborate
>on a while back, and I was personally quite struck by Terri's
>suggestion:
>
>http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/actionchix/2004-October/000009.html
>
>In summary, the suggestion was to work on games projects. The part of it
>I particularly liked was the idea of developing educational resources
>around games programming: eg developing "how to write a game module"
>material aimed at women and girls, in addition to developing game
>modules and game module infrastructure, particularly infrastructure that
>makes it relatively easy (and therefore immediately rewarding) to
>develop your own games.
>
>Are people here interested in that project? Which parts? Any other
>ideas?

I am very interested in this idea. I think that it addresses a number of
issues, as well as being in the realm of my particular interests.  But
as far as my own  participation is concerned, I am currently stretched
beyond my limitations, so I can't make any commitments other than to say
that if it eventuated I would certainly try to be involved.

sue