[Actionchix] GOOD MORNING....HEED HELP!! TABATHA MARSHALL REFERRED ME

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Jan 24 08:55:40 EST 2005

Dear Ron,

Perhaps this response will come too late for you, but here's some
suggestions:

 - look at our techtalk mailing list's archives at
   http://linuxchix.org/pipermail/techtalk/

 - use Google Groups at http://groups.google.com/ and search for any of
   the following newsgroups:

    - comp.os.linux at http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.os.linux

    - comp.os.linux.security at
      http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.security

    - comp.os.linux.networking at
      http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.networking

    - one of a number of other Linux newsgroups you can find at
      http://groups-beta.google.com/groups/dir?q=linux

Also please note that this particular group (actionchix) has a specific
purpose: organising Free Software volunteer projects for LinuxChix. A
very important part of participating in the Linux world is recognising
when a posting is "on topic" or "off topic" for a mailing list or group
and to restrict your postings to "on topic" -- that is, relevant to that
group's purpose.

Your request for help below was "off topic" (although you could have
posted it to LinuxChix's techtalk list), and the forwarded email about
Marines you tried to send us was *very* off topic.

If you want to ask the LinuxChix group questions about Linux, please
join either the techtalk list at
http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/techtalk or the newchix

-Mary