[Actionchix] Research on open source team collaboration and team spirit (Repost and crossposting i am sorry :( )

Jesper Madsen jesper_anja_hjemme at mail.stofanet.dk
Sat Apr 9 09:19:42 EST 2005

(If you want to help, please make sure you send your answer to
jmazzen at gmail.com and not to the entire group)

(I posted this message in social, and did not get any replies.. And I really
think LinuxChix would be the place to get some good replies, so I guessed
that the social list could have been inactive..)

We are two students (night school, day time developers) struggling to gather
info on team collaboration and team spirit in open source projects. We are
going to use your answers for analysis, and compare it to "closed source"
development.

We would like people, who contribute to open source projects, to answer
these questions. We have narrowed the questions down to these 11, so we do
not burden put too much of a burden on you (hopefully).

1. Do you contribute to any open source projects
(please state what projects)?

2. In what projects do you feel like you are part of "the team"?

2.1 What makes you feel like you are one of the team?

2.2 Have you lost motivation contributing to any projects (why)?

3. How do you communicate with other "contributers" on projects?

4. How do you work on projects, by yourself, or together others?

4.1 (If you work with others) Do you ever meet face-to-face? (Do you
feel a need to?)

5.  Do you work with software professionally (as your day job/for a living)?

5.1 Do you use the open source projects, which you contribute to,
professionally?

6. Do you use open source projects, which you do not contribute to,
professionally?

7. What motivates you to contribute to open source?

Further comments:

Thank you for your time

Marianne Jensen & Jesper Madsen