[Actionchix] Some discussion?

Fazia Begum Rizvi fazia at io.com
Tue Oct 12 01:02:49 EST 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Mary wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Not much love from my first post, so let's try again.
>
> Three questions, answer any or all of them!
>
> 1. What projects would you like to work on that fits in with LinuxChix's
> goals (supporting women in Linux)?
>
> 2. What projects would you like to work on that you think LinuxChix
> could help out with?

I think I'd most like to help adult women already in the field, since we
seem to be leaking women. Maybe organized meet-up type support
groups, or through one-on-one or group career mentoring. Maybe raising
money and visibility for a woman-led technology project, or just
helping women become more visible.

How about creating a "women in technology" speakers database? Something
that we can point conference planners to when they say they can't find
women to speak at their technology conference?

ad astra,
Faz

 ____/|   Fazia Begum Rizvi
 \ o.O|   Email:   fazia at io.com