[Actionchix] Some discussion?

Sulamita Garcia toskinha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 01:38:18 EST 2004

1. What projects would you like to work on that fits in with LinuxChix's
goals (supporting women in Linux)?

I think they already said that: mentoring, help abuse or shelters
women. Maybe we can have a linuxchix curriculum database?
I think that the most difficult part is convince women to help, to
participate, to talk. Part of them are like shadows behind their
boyfriends/husband, part of them are the tipical ones "I'm too stupid,
I will make stupid questions and they will laught at me, bla bla bla".
There must be a way to really change this...

2. What projects would you like to work on that you think LinuxChix
could help out with?

I'm right know trying to settle a hardware problem with a machine that
I bought to set a brazilian LinuxChix server. The problem is that I
don't have a car and got to many days out of the work for some
conferences, so I ask for if others chix could do it for me... but,
unfortunatly, almost every time I just can count if myself, so I gonna
try resolve this... After that, I would like to set this server as the
LinuxChix international one, with online courses, several mailing
lists and space for every chix how want open a project.

3. What are your experiences in previous volunteer projects?

I moderate the brazilian chapter for some years. After a fight with
another two moderators, they had go apart and its just me now. I made
almost the organization of the I National LinuxChix Meeting, and do
alone the second one. I helped several Slackware users groups with
their initiative, and make several documentation projects.

 I would love have some kernel hacking mentor :)

  °v°  Sulamita Garcia
 /(_)\  LinuxChix Brasil
 ^ ^  http://www.linuxchix.org.br/