[Techtalk] "returnship" program for experienced professionals who have a gap in work history

Alison Chaiken alison at exerciseforthereader.org
Thu Mar 25 04:40:57 UTC 2021

My employer, Aurora Innovation, is starting a new "returnship" program
in conjunction with an organization called "Women Back to Work."    The
program is similar to an internship in that it is 16 weeks long, paid,
and potentially leads to long-term, full-time employment.   Despite the
WBW name, Aurora's program will be open to anyone who previous worked in
tech but has been out of the workforce for any reason.   Besides Aurora,
WBW works with many other employers.

The first cohort is now recruiting, so WBW is hosting a webcast on April
6:

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_LgyoXz3_RI-XIrKZb1uOYQ

More WBW info: https://www.womenbacktowork.org/aurora-returnship

For inquiries about WBW or the webcast, please contact them.    I can
give questions about Aurora my best shot.

The first cohort of openings is all C++, but I know for a fact that the
second cohort will include a broader sets of skills.

Thanks for your consideration,
Alison Chaiken

Alison Chaiken			alison at exerciseforthereader.org
Don't just do something; sit there. -- Thích Nhất Hạnh