[Techtalk] Recommendations for Server Hosting

Kagan MacTane kai at mactane.org
Wed Sep 25 20:45:05 UTC 2019

Hi, Folks--

I have a physical server that's been parked in a place with a static IP
for a while. It's Ubuntu 16.04, running web, email (POP, IMAP, and
SMTP), and DNS for a few domains and a few users. The situation is
changing such that I can't keep it there anymore, but I don't have a
housing situation that includes static IP addresses anymore.

It seems like I need to set up a cloud or virtual or remote server
situation. Right? And migrate all users, email, etc. over to it.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good services for this? And/or
on best practices for this migration? Thank you in advance.

--
Kagan "Kai" MacTane