[Techtalk] anyone know of a simple text viewer?

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 10:54:05 UTC 2019

Miriam, I think you should try Calibre.
It can be improved to suit all your requirements with additional plugins

Fuzzy/vague search and view in order can be done from shell.
This may be more efficient in your use case:
> I have many thousands of small text files that I collect in many subdirectories under my "ideas" directory.
> When I'm writing I often go through them looking for useful material. It
> is a slow, repetitive, and clumsy process. I just wanted something to
> make it easier."

btw, 'Basket Note Pads' is meant for avoiding the situation :)

Best

A Mani

Prof.Dr.(Miss) A Mani
CU, ASL, AMS, ISRS, CLC, CMS, IEEE
Senior Member, International Rough Set Society
Homepage: http://www.logicamani.in
Blog: https://logicamani.blogspot.in/
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mani_A
sip:girlprofessor at ekiga.net