[Techtalk] anyone know of a simple text viewer?

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Fri Jul 19 11:11:36 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

I often need to quickly look through the text files in a directory
without the need to edit them.

If I'm looking through the pictures in a directory I can use geeqie or
viewnior or one of many other image viewers and press the space bar to
step forward through the pictures and backspace to step backwards. I
wish I had a text viewer like this.

On my Amiga I used multiview which would let me view text files that way
(it would also display pictures and play sound files too).

There must be a simple text viewer for Linux, but I've searched and
searched. Does anybody here know of one?

Cheers,

     - Miriam

--
The only person that you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
  -- Ain Eineziz