[Techtalk] Questions About Virtualisation Workflow

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 11:19:48 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 3:50 AM Miss Casey Marie Earnshaw
<casey at linuxmail.org> wrote:
><snip>
>
> Alternatively there's always the multi boot option, but that seems like
> it could get confusing very quickly with all the partitions needed.

<snip>

It would help if you try to learn more about this.
Get gparted live usb img
You can go for gpt, but msdos tables should also be OK.
It is very easy to partition for any of the distros.
In your case, you can skip swap partitions.

Some packages cannot be installed in some distros through their
package managers.
For example, 'pdftk' is not available for the latest non LTS Ubuntu.
These days all/most distros allow for *containers* - learn to use them.
Hint: 'adapt' package
This technology is superior to VM in most use cases.

> Thanks again for reading and I hope your week goes great! The system
> specs for the curious are: Intel Core i5 4460 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 2TB HDD,
> AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB

Best

A Mani

Prof.Dr.(Miss) A Mani
CU, ASL, AMS, ISRS, CLC, CMS, IEEE
Senior Member, International Rough Set Society
Homepage: http://www.logicamani.in
Blog: https://logicamani.blogspot.in/
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mani_A
sip:girlprofessor at ekiga.net