[Techtalk] Simple replacement for AIM with Pidgin

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 18:41:04 UTC 2017

And on Fri, 2017-03-03 at 13:00 -0500, Little Girl wrote:
> I agree with Poppy...

Thanks, both of you, for your reassurance!  I'll stick with Google
Talk, then, since it seems to meet my requirements.

As far as Google is concerned, although I use some of their services
and apps (notably Keep and, of course, Maps) I find that most of their
software is extraordinarily user-unfriendly.  My brother finds exactly
the same.

On 2 or 3 occasions I have tried to figure out how to send an SMS
message using Hangouts, which is the "default messaging app" on at
least some versions of Android.  I every case I have failed to work out
how it is done, and end up downloading something less impenetrable!

But I'll be happy to use their IM service via Pidgin.

David