[Techtalk] Phenology/Citizen Science nature logging frameworks?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Nov 2 02:56:01 UTC 2015

> > On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 6:33 AM, Trish Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org wrote:
> > > Growstuff.org - it's open source...

A. Mani corrects:

Trish Fraser writes:
> 8-)  I stand corrected.

Trish, thanks for the suggestion! I'll take a look at Growstuff --
looks like a good project.

And now, a plea:

Please, let's not let these lists descend into holy wars about
terminology. Just about everyone who uses the term "open source" is
including copy-left licensed software: I was, I'm sure Trish was,
and the Growstuff project itself does, as you can see from the
footer on every page and the README on their GitHub page.

So correcting someone for calling it open source is ... well, let's
say not very polite or helpful.

(Though I admit it helped me inadvertently, because Trish's original
mail never arrived in my chix folder despite procmail's log claiming it
wrote it there with no error messages. That's disturbing -- I wonder
how many other messages procmail has been silently dropping?)

        ...Akkana