[Techtalk] website link checking that does orphans?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Apr 13 02:37:17 UTC 2015

A. Mani writes:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:
> > anything else -- thanks for the recommendation! -- but I'm hoping
> > I can find something a little more lightweight.
>
> These are lightweight ones:
>
> linklint     ok
> linkchecker     ok
> linkchecker-gui      ok
>
> w3c-linkchecker??
> webcheck??
>
> All of it is ~10MB on my system

When I look at those, none of them except linklint say anything
about finding orphans (and linklint's orphan finder doesn't work, as
I mentioned in my initial query).  Are there secret flags for some
of those programs that I'm not finding?

It still boggles my mind that this is so hard to find; isn't it
something every web admin everywhere needs?

        ...Akkana