[Techtalk] Any MySQL-less CMS Recommendations?

Terry tech at futurecourse.com
Fri Feb 14 16:50:25 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

In my continuing saga of moving to a new server, I'm in the process of
evaluating my websites.  I currently use Drupal, something I learned way
back when I was working for a charity.  So I continued to use it for my
personal sites because it was, well, just easier than learning something
else since I didn't have the time.  But in looking at everything, I use
almost none of the Drupal features so I'm questioning the need to run
and maintain it along with running and maintaining MySQL, not to mention
using up server resources.  It's overkill.

The only thing hampering my move to just putting the pages up there with
plain old html/css is that one site is for my significant other, who
needs a "type it in and press save" solution.

I've done some googling for the past two days and that hasn't gotten me
any closer to a decision. Anyone have any recommendations I can do some
more research on?

Thanks.

--
Terry