[Techtalk] Gimp tutorials

Peggy Russell prusselltechgroup at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 05:59:03 UTC 2013

> What we need is something like a single MIME encapsulated HTML file
> -- like a .eml (email) file but without the email headers, just files,
> mime types and attachments. The format is easy enough (MIME already
> works) -- but we'd need to get all the major HTML rendering libraries
> agreeing to use it. Then you could pass around papers and ebooks

I'm not following everything, but you're not printing something that
exists, but creating it... Could something like asciidoc be of
assistance.

http://asciidoc.org/index.html

You create a text document using light markup, which can then
be converted to multiple formats via a single command --- single
or multi-page html, pdf, ebook/EPUB, slides, man pages, wordpress.
You can include images, links, and even mathematical equations.
It uses dblatex or fop for pdf. The CSS can be embedded or external.
It has an active support group. It is pretty amazing what
people are doing with it.

asciidoc itself is written in python.

Peggy Russell