[Techtalk] Off topic - a bit Nortel NMS DPN configuration

Helen Rosseau hrosseau at rogers.com
Wed Oct 9 14:41:22 UTC 2013

I have been fighting my way through a Nortel DPN
configuration with an NMS workstation.  This is running on a Solaris 2.7
SPARC20 with solstice 9.2 for the x25 connection.

I have been able to get the x25 connection to work via
the remote resource pad call and can issue commands to the DPN such as "oa list"
and get a response.

My problem is getting the NCScom server to work.
When I open a command console I get the error
"CC_ERROR   1012 Cannot connect to the
Function Processor. Error: Illegal name used"
"CC_ERROR   1035 Commands will not be accepted
for processing due to this error"
The command console connection management is giving the
message
"Cannot connect to the CMC_service server."
Then with further investigation of the manuals "The CM
server establishes DPN connectivity through the NCSMGR server, and establishes
Passport connectivity through the FTDM server." ***Note***We do not have a
Passport.

This is in our test lab.  I have copied the cfg
files from our operational system that is running solaris 2.7 with solstice 9.1
on a SPARC5. Solstice 9.2 does not require the FLEXLM license.  Our people
here have no in depth experience with the DPN and I have been fighting my way
through this and I have resolved most issues but this latest one.  The DPN
is still functioning, it is the NMS work station which is running the Nortel
Preside software R12.4 that is causing the issue.

I am looking for any type of help, support or direction
of where to find the answer to this problem.

Thanks

Helen