[Techtalk] simple date question

Peggy Russell prusselltechgroup at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 19:41:00 UTC 2013

> One tip: it is possible to install Ubuntu (or other distros) to a
> USB stick or external USB drive. I haven't done such an install
> myself so I don't know the tricks, but I would guess the most

The site, pendrivelinux.com, has been helpful. They have manual steps and
they also have a Universal USB installer that lets you select a Linux
Distro.

KNOPPIX Persistent – Saving settings to USB
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/knoppix-linux-live-cd-and-usb-flash-drive-persistent-image-how-to/

Spotted this too:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD/Persistence

> Linux, and how it's different on every version of every distro.
That's the most challenging task with a new distribution, figuring out
how they do it. Some distros even have multiple ways, and different
ways do not always play nicely with one another. :-)

Peggy Russell