[Techtalk] Basic connection questions - Wired works now, at least

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 19:01:05 UTC 2013

Hey there,

mgmonza at ukato.freeshell.org wrote:
> On Wed, 29 May 2013, Wim De Smet wrote:

> > At boot, ifup should be run, so that would start the original
> > dhclient process that's trying to get an IP onto the interface. I
> > don't know why it wouldn't be getting an IP this way, normally
> > dhclient works even if NM is managing the interface. Do you have
> > any sort of firewalling configured?

> As the subj. line says, the wired connection works at boot up, -if-
> I haven't monkeyed with NM at all, just left all of it on.  (No
> firewalling, so that wasn't it).  I think it was taking NM down and
> back up that confused dhclient

One other thing to consider is that it could be a hardware issue. You
may have to unplug the modem and router and then plug in the modem
and make sure it's fully initialized before you plug in the router
(or vice versa if, for some reason, doing it that way doesn't solve
it).

Good luck! (:

--
Little Girl