[Techtalk] Poster Competition

Kendra Schaefer kendrawiseman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 05:02:42 UTC 2013

Yerm, well, I'm into Linux, I'm a chick, and I think it's relevant. I used
to do a lot of copywriting for NGOs, so here is my "bugfix" :) - feel free
to tear it up.

*India is a multi-ethnic, multi-racial country one billion souls strong and
growing. The road from developing nation to first-world country is a long
and arduous one, and among India's most pressing problems are official
corruption and the suppression of women and the LGBT community.*
*
*
*Though India is an ancient nation with a 5000-year history, its people
have fully embraced technical modernity, from cell-phone toting farmers to
tweeting teenagers, technophile home-makers to artistic designers, and half
a billion more who are coming online, communicating, coding and interacting
in Planck time. *
*
And yet, this majority are still struggling to finding their voices while
retaining basic human values within our society. Your challenge is to bring
out your virtual brushes and pictorially depict this struggle while
celebrating their diversity.

Can you retain the essence of India's history while looking forward into
its future? Exercise your creative freedom with Free/Libre open source
software and other technologies. Your poster may be the inspiration that
gives them a voice to fight for their rights, a vision of a better tomorrow,
a tomorrow that gives them the freedom and space to dream while allowing
them to remain rooted in the Indian ethos.*