[Techtalk] Stumped - accessing site on local server

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Feb 10 18:33:15 UTC 2013

I'm stumped. I've googled and read till my brain is practically fried.

I created a SiteAvailable file:

<VirtualHost *>
       ServerAdmin bilwalsh at swbell.net
       ServerName cslsa
       DocumentRoot /home/billie0w/public/cslsa/
       <Directory />
               Options FollowSymLinks
               AllowOverride None
       </Directory>
       <Directory /home/billie0w/public/cslsa/>
               AllowOverride None
               Order allow,deny
               allow from all
       </Directory>

  (/VertualHost)

Everything goes fine through the enable and restart of Apache2. But when
I try to access the site from another computer I get:

  Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~cslsa/ on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.1.125 Port 80

The permissions for the site are:

Owner = Me/user [ not root ] Read/Write
Group = Read
Other = Read

The sites files have the same permissions.

What am I doing wrong?

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein