[Techtalk] [solved] drush sql-sync fails with 'Drush command terminated abnormally due to an unrecoverable error'

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 12:52:35 UTC 2013

Hey there,

Carla Schroder wrote:

> I finally solved this, though I'm afraid it's not a very helpful
> solution-- I rebuilt my sandbox from scratch for about the sixth
> time, and got it to work. It's complex, so it takes a lot of tries
> to test changes. On my last try I used Acquia Drupal 6, which
> shouldn't matter because a vanilla LAMP stack should work too.
> Whatever happened, it works, and Drush outputs nice verbose error
> messages.

[SNIP]

> > $ drush -dvvvvv sql-sync @remotesite @localsite --no-cache
> > --sanitize --no-ordered-dump

[SNIP]

It's good to hear that you solved it!

> I'm going to try it on a completely different Linux just for
> giggles, to see if I can find a reason to blame ubuntu :)

You might find that you can. We recently upgraded to Kubuntu 12.04
LTS, and it seems they made some changes to some deep inner workings.
For instance, we had to take NFS to the mat and work out a new way to
get it going because of some basic network set-up changes. It
wouldn't surprise me if they fiddled with the deep inner workings of
whatever is making your Drupal fall over. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.