[Techtalk] dns issue

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Wed Jan 11 21:29:47 UTC 2012

Hello,

Up until this morning, my dns worked fine (for years and years), but
today I am getting mail failures with this error:

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
other server returned was: 550 550 unrouteable address (state 14).

It appears to not make it to my server at all.

When I look up my dns on http://digwebinterface.com/, I get:

dns.shadlen.org at dns.shadlen.org.:
/usr/bin/dig: couldn't get address for 'dns.shadlen.org.': failure

which seems a little circular. Any idea what could have changed (I
didn't change anything, and my domain service seems to be working fine)?

If you could cc this address in your reply, that would be helpful, since
email doesn't seem to be making it to my shadlen acoount...

parody at u.washington.edu

thanks,
maria