[Techtalk] Dazzle DCV100

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:02:09 UTC 2011

Hey there,

Billie Walsh wrote:

> So far I have VLC and V4L2 installed, as well as some V4L2
> configuration stuff. In the GUI V4L2 Configuration it shows the
> Dazzle and correctly identifies it. That's a good sign. VLC seems
> to show the video properly. Sound however is another problem. Have
> to work on that.

That's a matter of tweaking. It might need Pulse Audio to work, which
doesn't come by default in Kubuntu, but which my son loves in Ubuntu.

> OK - further testing. It seems that if you stop and then restart a
> stream VLC can't connect to the V4L2.
>
> It did work once for a few minutes but the sound was messed up.
>
> I'll keep working on it as time allows.

I think the fact that you got it working briefly (even with messed up
sound) is heartening, and means you'll probably get it smoothed out.
I'm crossing my fingers for you that it works perfectly soon. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.