[Techtalk] Rhythmbox and Banshee issues (Ubuntu Natty Narwahl)

Deborah Gronke Bennett degb at alumni.rice.edu
Sun Sep 4 04:49:15 UTC 2011

At your suggestion, I installed gpodder and set it up. I like it better
than Banshee (more directed to my purpose). Unfortunately, it has the
same problem as banshee - it does not recognize my MP3 player. Right now
I am letting gpodder catch and download my podcasts. I am still looking
for a way to transfer them to the Creative Zen.

Tonight I went looking for a new version of gnomad2, which is what I
used on Hardy Heron. After wading through a lot of webpages and
discussion forums, it appears that gnomad2 disappeared from Ubuntu
because of some cutoff date in the Debian development tree. Sigh. Still
looking.

-deborah