[Techtalk] Rhythmbox and Banshee issues (Ubuntu Natty Narwahl)

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 10:05:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Deborah Gronke Bennett
<degb at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
> The Zen does not get mounted on the desktop when I plug it in. I am able to
> mount it manually using this command:
> sudo mtpfs -o allow_other /media/usbdisk
> When plugged in and powered on,the zen appears in the output of the
> mpt-detect command, and in the output of the lsusb command.

That's odd. All these applications use libmtp so they should work if
it's showing up for mtp-detect.

> The gpodder wiki and the manual both lack any instructions on using gpodder
> with an MPT device like the Creative Zen.

Make sure python-pymtp is installed. If it is and it's not picking up
on your player, then this is the same problem as with banshee. The
only option I can see is file a bug report (with output from
mtp-detect) against banshee or libmtp8.

regards,
Wim