[Techtalk] CentOS 5.4 server /etc/fstab

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Thu Mar 18 11:14:44 UTC 2010

Juliet Halloran <tataloppit at verizon.net> writes:

> If I want to add a directory to fstab and have ACLs turned on, how do I do
> that?

The place to go look for answers to this, in future, is the mount(8) manual
page.  That should document the mount options for the various file systems.

> I'm used to seeing entries like:
> LABEL=/            /        ext3        defaults        1 1
> What section on the line do you add something to, and what do you put?

The fstab(5) manual page has the details, but 'defaults' is the "options" part
of that line.  The flag for ext3 is 'acl', by my manpage, although I thought
they were enabled by default these days...

        Daniel