[Techtalk] Gimp etc

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri Mar 5 18:13:35 UTC 2010

Terri Oda writes:
> Tearing people apart doesn't exactly seem like a good way to win
> converts to open source.

Agreed. He might have had valid issues -- it just wasn't possible
to tell from the report that was forwarded. If this relates to a
real program that's trying to introduce open source software
somewhere, and if this person was in a position to make official
recommendations, I hope someone went back to him and tried to find
out what the actual problems were and whether they had solutions.
(And I hope no decision is being made solely on the basis of such
a vague hand-waving report.)

	...Akkana