[Techtalk] $ who issue

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Wed Jun 2 17:36:54 UTC 2010

Hi, help!

I have a server running, and we connect to it from three
workstations.

Now the stupid bit. To get up and running and testing etc. all of the
workstations connect with the server using the same user name - 'anne'.

Workstations are connected with the application (kexi, connects to a
database on the server)

If I now log in to the server as 'anne' from a terminal on each
workstation in turn and then  do a '$ who', one of them will only ever
show itself, it never shows the other one or two as may be connected.

from memory the output is something like this - except for the
recalcitrant one:

$ who
......... anne at pandora
......... anne at athene