[Techtalk] Name Service Lookup Fails Under Wordpress

Kai MacTane kai at mactane.org
Tue Jan 19 02:12:50 UTC 2010

Chris Frey wrote:

> This page:
>
> 	http://wordpress.org/support/topic/326327
>
> Seems to imply that PHP configuration may affect things.
>
> Not sure if that's what is showing up here, though.

Thanks for your reply, Chris.

I checked on the allow_url_fopen configuration setting. It's set to 'on'
for both blogs. That page also mentions potential problems with the
Snoopy class - yet another of WordPress' standard classes. A little grep
-R work shows me that the Twitter Tools plugin, which I'm using on both
blogs, uses the Snoopy class.

Deactivating it, and every other plugin (except LJXP), has no effect. I
still get the same error message.

LJXP does not use the Snoopy class.

The only differences I can find between the two domains' PHP
configurations are in the display_errors and track_errors settings,
which are both On on mactane.org, and Off on ninja-coder.net.

As you might guess, changing that doesn't make any difference, either.

--
Kai MacTane
LAMP, AJAX, and Ruby on Rails developer