[Techtalk] Cannot get LAMP mysql or php to start

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:20:21 UTC 2010

Hey there,

Leslie MacDougall wrote:

> I have LAMP installed, but cannot get either mysql or php to start.
> I also installed TweetDeck and could not get it to run either.
> Apache is running just fine.

This is probably unrelated, but it brings back memories of a time
when I installed everything for a server and couldn't get any of it
to run either.

The culprit was that I was using Apache2, and when the other programs
I configured asked what kind of server they'd be running on, I
answered "Apache" rather than "Apache2". This was enough to (silently!) screw up the symbolic links that made the other programs
work. Any chance this is what you're running into?

Like I said, it's probably unrelated, but I thought I'd toss it out
there, since we went on a merry chase with it, and it sounds like
that's what you're on. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.