[Techtalk] Community Website

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Thu Apr 8 23:35:12 UTC 2010

I'm looking for some PHP software for creating a community web site.  I
did have a site built using MediaWiki.  It was restricted to
username/password access for members of my high school graduating
class.  The idea was to provide current information for each of us,
reunion photos, those who've passed on, etc.

It was a good idea, but very few used the site to add info about
themselves.  They did, however, use it to find information about each
other.  However, it was a lot of work for me to do all the formatting
and maintenance.

Any ideas on software that would run on a server, where we could keep
roster type information, photos and notices, etc?

--
Raquel
Men call us angels, and boast of the deference they pay to our

  --Amelia Jenks Bloomer