[Techtalk] Live CD distros and Dual Monitors

sidd darko sidd.darko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:20:06 UTC 2009

I did check that and I don't see any option of that kind in my BIOS.
Unless it's called something else ...

I think my xorg.conf setup is pretty good and I tried a few things on
xrandr that changed things somewhat, but still didn't give me a signal
on the DVI monitor.  Everything in the logs suggests it's connected ..
so I'm wondering ...

If I had a bad cable, would I still see analog input?  Whenever I
restart, I initially see the startup log on both monitors but soon I get
'No Signal Input' on the DVI monitor.  I am assuming the cable is good
because I see something .. is that a safe assumption or could only the
DVI signal be failing?

I appreciate everyone's input on this and I will switch out the DVI
cable to see if it makes a difference ...