[Techtalk] Experiences with Nagios and/or Advanced Host Monitor?

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Fri Oct 30 20:00:31 UTC 2009

On Oct 30, 2009, at 12:59 PM, Tracey wrote:

> I have inherited some servers in a cloud space that had no monitoring
> set up. They are running Fedora Core 8, and will be upgraded to FC11.
>
> I had been reading up on Nagios. Another server admin here said he had
> issues with Nagios being buggy & had better experiences with Advanced
> Network Monitor. Do any of you have experience with any of these, good
> or bad? Are there other monitoring tools you prefer?

I've never used Advanced network monitor, so I can't compare but I
like Nagios. It has a serious learning curve, but it's very powerful,
and it works well for us. We use it to monitor client sites.

Peace,
Michelle
Michelle Murrain
michelle at murrain.net
http://zenofnptech.org
http://openissue.com
http://twitter.com/pearlbear

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. - Rumi