[Techtalk] Anyone at Non Profit Organizations using Ubuntu?

agoats at compuserve.com agoats at compuserve.com
Mon Oct 5 02:19:59 UTC 2009

We can take it off list, but...

The Dallas-Ft. Worth Unix Users Group has an American Indian Outreach
program we are working on with the local Native American Indian
community. The computers are donated and being configured with Kubuntu.

The KDE interface is more similar to Microsoft Windows and because of
this, allows for a shorter learning curve going from Microsoft to Linux.
Adoption is quicker and meets less resistance than going to Gnome or
some other window manager.

Alvin