[Techtalk] So What's So Great About Git?

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Sun Nov 1 03:57:36 UTC 2009

I've used Subversion, and I've played with darcs, but I've become aware
that many projects now seem to be favouring git.  So, you git-philes,
tell me why?  Or, if you can, compare it with darcs, since darcs is also
a distributed version control system (while Subversion, by contrast,
uses a central repository).

Part of the reason behind my question is that I want to start a project
for an FVWM module, and I need to decide where to host it: at googlecode
with svn, or at github with git.  I would be more comfortable with
Subversion, as I use it at work; here is your opportunity to persuade me
otherwise.

Kathryn Andersen
--
 _--_|\     | Kathryn Andersen	<http://www.katspace.org>