[Techtalk] gaming setup

Augustina Blair missaugustina at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:24:16 UTC 2009

Gaming via VMWare is usually slow and the sound quality starts to
deteriorate as well.  Depending on the game, you may have problems with
VMWare's graphics driver.  My recommendation, if gaming on Linux is
important to you, is to check out Cedega.

I've gotten older games like Riven and the Sims to work in VMWare but there
is a severe degradation in the audio quality.  It made Riven almost
impossible to play without using cheats for puzzles involving sounds.

Augustina