[Techtalk] Writing to CD-RW

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 21:14:50 UTC 2009

Hey there,

Anne Wainwright wrote:

> I just set up a cd-rw to keep my favourite photos on, incrementing
> them over time. I used to do this on Windows, where the cd-rw
> installs like a hard drive and you can drag-and-drop files and it
> will write to the cd automagically.

<SNIP>

> Is this a fundamental difference in cd-rw philosophy on linux, am I
> expecting something I am not going to get?

In doing a quick search in Google, it appears that this is not easy.
Here are a couple of links that *might* help (no guarantees):

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PacketCD

They're pretty old, but there doesn't seem to be any modern
information out there that's any better. I wonder why this hasn't
already been made easy in Ubuntu.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.