[Techtalk] Commercially hosted SVN/CVS?

Sarah sarahannalien at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 15:59:09 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with commercial providers of SVN or CVS hosting?

I'm not looking for a place to host a particular open source project,
just someplace where I can check in my own random bits of code
(experiments, backup scripts, notes, etc)... but something that I
don't have to administer myself, and something that's off-site, and
thus less susceptible to being destroyed in Yet Another Southern
California Brush Fire than my apartment is.

I'm currently looking at these:

http://cvsdude.com/
http://www.beanstalkapp.com/

... but I found those two with Google, and I don't know anything about
either of them other than what their websites say.

Does anybody have any experience with these sorts of services?
Anything in particular I should look for... or avoid?

Thanks,

Sarah