[Techtalk] IP tables

Meryll Larkin alwanza at oz.net
Wed Oct 29 03:48:20 UTC 2008

Hi Wolf Rising,

What error do you get when you restart the service?  Or when your remote
hosts try to connect?
What does the line show when you do a
service iptables status   ?

It looks to me like that line might be a good one if your remote hosts are
numbered 146.186.121.0/27 and they are trying to connect to your localhost
on port 5286.

Have you used netstat to determine if whatever service you want them to
connect to port 5286 with is in fact running on port 5286?

Is there any chance there is an isp between you and 146.186.121.0/27 that
blocks port 5286?  Have you run traceroute?

Meryll