[Techtalk] partitioning - pro, con

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Sun Oct 12 00:51:20 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I just bought a 1 Terabyte hard drive [squeals of delight]

Normally I partition my drives to keep different kinds of data apart and
so that I can have small bootable partitions that can't interfere with
large data partitions. But I intend this drive to hold just data. Data
directories can easily change size dynamically, whereas partitions for
different types of data don't change size.

Anybody know of good arguments why I *should* or *should not* partition
the drive into a bunch of smaller areas?

Just thought I'd see if I was overlooking any good arguments before
committing myself to one or the other.

Thanks,

	- Miriam

--
My time wasn't completely wasted last year.
I went on a 940 million kilometer journey.