[Techtalk] Samba Domain member

Linda de Boer ldb at swmbo.ca
Wed Nov 5 01:21:06 UTC 2008

G'day

I'm not so much asking for an exact answer, as to make sure I have the
right idea here before I pound my head for much longer.

I have a samba PDC (Homer1) working fine, Windows XP (Bart) joining it.
Then I have another server with samba (Homer2).

I believe Homer2 is setup properly to be a domain member and I have
successfully used "net rpc" to join  the PDC. I have also used the
commands to add the machine account.

If I have done that correctly (still up for grabs), then should I expect
to log Bart into the Homer1 domain and see the Homer2 as an option to
map to? Or am I looking at this all wrong?

Pointers on the right page to read are very welcome, I have read alot of
  the info on different ways to set this up. I've worked with Samba for
quite some time, but did not have this scenario before, so I'm not sure
I have the theory right here.

Any pointers or questions sending me in a better direction are very much
appreciated....

--
ldb